I have been actively involved in New Mexico civic and political issues since the late 80′s, and throughout the years I have sought to create effective change in our community. I have worked for local candidates with the hope of giving Albuquerque residents a better choice. My family and I now feel that the time has come for me to offer myself as a servant in the public arena. I am hopeful that I can bring some of those common sense ideas straight from the people to the New Mexico State House of Representatives.
Economic Blue Print
- Develop community-based economic engine and infrastructure.
- Promote International District to simulate Nob Hill business success.
- Work to make our community a place where business can prosper.
- Develop state-of-the-art learning environments.
- End social promotion.
- Target tax dollars to the classroom where it belongs.
Quailty of Life
- Restore District 19 to its historical prominence.
- Ensure community safety and security by ending urban blight.
- Small Business Owner
- 2004 Recipient, Governor’s Award for Outstanding New Mexico Women - Click to view document
- New Mexico Resident since 1965
- District 19 Homeowner since 1993
- Married 30 years to Mehdi Eliassi
- MA University of New Mexico
- BA University of New Mexico
- Founder Southeast Community Economic Alliance - Click to view article
- Indicators Progress Commission - Click to view document
- Leadership Albuquerque Curriculum Committee
- Presbyterian Hospital Home Health Care
- Albuquerque Literacy Program
- Albuquerque Speech, Language & Hearing
- City of Albuquerque Cable Advisory